Helping you look after your Health
Lucan District Credit Union is not tied to any particular health insurance provider. We understand that our members may have struggled with the cost of private health insurance policies over the years of the recession and that some of you may have had to discontinue with your private health insurance. We would advise members that there are a number of options available to you should you require diagnosis or treatment.
- Public Health Service £ this can often entail long waiting periods for access to a consultant and treatment
- Self-pay £ discussed below
- Private Medical Insurance £ can be very expensive annually and may have an excess that you have to pay £ current providers of private medical insurance are listed below
Members may opt to self-pay. Lucan District Credit Union is delighted to advise that we are in partnership with the Hermitage Medical Clinic. This will allow our members to access the high-tech medical facilities of the Hermitage Medical Clinic, our local community clinic. There is no requirement to have private medical insurance. We have loans* available for our members to cover, initial visit to a consultant, scans and x-rays and any subsequent treatment/surgery required. Our loans are flexible with no admin or set-up fees and at a very competitive rate.
The benefits for you are:
- Immediate access to a consultant
- Fast Diagnosis
- Fast Treatment
- No waiting lists
For more information ask in either office, phone 628 1642 or e-mail email@example.com
*The usual underwriting criteria applies. Members should have loan approval before they commence treatment. Bills will be settled directly with the Hermitage Medical Clinic on draw-down of the loan.
Private Health Insurance
If you are in the market for private health insurance or if your insurance is due for renewal we would offer the following advice:
- Shop around for the best healthcare deal by calling all providers (current providers listed below). Have a budget in mind.
- Carefully compare the cover provided by each policy to ensure it will meet the needs of you and your family over the coming years, e.g. if cover for future hip/knee replacements is important to you, which provider offers the best cover.
- Remember that there may be a waiting period for pre-existing conditions if you have not had health insurance for a period of time.
- If you are changing insurer at renewal date, there is legally no waiting period.
- You are entitled to ask for the corporate rate/group discount.
The numbers to call and websites are:
- LAYA 1890 904 067 www.layahealthcare.ie
- Aviva 1890 717 717 www.avivahealth.ie
- VHI 1850 211 558 www.vhi.ie
- Glo Health 1890 892 892 www.glohealth.ie