Membership Benefits Of Membership
Benefits of Membership
- The credit union is not-for-profit and operates solely for your benefit and to meet your financial needs
- When you save with the credit union your savings are called shares. This means that you own a share of the credit union
- There are no hidden fees, charges or penalties
- You can take out a low cost loan for home improvements, car loans, education costs or any other provident purpose
- You can avail of discounts and preferential rates on other services, like home insurance, foreign exchange, multi-trip travel insurance and health insurance
- The credit union is run by the members. The board is elected by the members at the Annual General Meeting.
- Shares are covered by life savings protection insurance at no cost to you. (This means that should you die your savings can be up to doubled – subject to terms & conditions).
- Loans are covered by loan protection insurance at no cost to you. (This means that should you die your loan dies with you – subject to terms & conditions).
- Any surplus made in the year is shared with our members in the form of an annual dividend.
- You may participate in the members car draw, the cost of this is €52 per year and there is a car to be won each month
- Third level bursary. If you will be entering third level education soon or if your children are coming to that age, they may be eligible to apply for our third level bursary draw. See the section on education for more details.